At the Lincoln Township Public Library we strive to support and encourage parents’ roles as their children’s first teachers – from infancy and beyond. We recognize many families are choosing a path of home based learning and we are here to support you on that journey. We are a destination for homeschool resources–books, audiobooks, access to the internet, printers, homeschool specific programming, and extra learning support.
Please use this website as an updated, ongoing place to learn about what we have to offer your self directed learning experience as well as other homeschooling opportunities in the area. Our goal is to support you and your family because we know the road to knowledge is paved with a lot of resources.
HOW TO HOMESCHOOL IN MICHIGAN
We offer many resources to support home learning. You can schedule a group visit for kids and parents to learn how to use any of these resources. We give behind the scene tours of LTPL, too! Kids learn how the library works as a shared community resource. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- STREAM Kits – STREAM kits is meant to help young library users build their Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art, and Math skills through engaging and innovative play.
- Research Databases – The Library of Michigan has purchased access to commercial eResources, which are available free-of-charge to Michigan residents.
- MeL (Michigan e-Library) – MeL is a service that lends books and media to library users throughout the state of Michigan, using materials from all sorts of libraries including public libraries, university libraries, and state libraries.
- Free Passes for Fieldtrips – Discover Michigan with the Michigan Activity Pass (MAP)! More than 400 partners are active this year. Explore hundreds of Michigan’s cultural and educational institutions, historic sites, state and national parks and recreation areas, campgrounds, and more, all at reduced or even no cost.
- Library of Things – The Library of Things* is a collection of unique and useful items. Whether you want to try something new before you purchase or just need to use something one time, our Library of Things is a great place to start. Explore opportunities to learn, fix or create. Don’t see an item? Request it here.
HOMESCHOOLING COMMUNITY RESOURCES
Berrien Springs Parent Partnership – This a free program paid for by your tax dollars and generously provided and supported by Berrien Springs Public Schools. Because BSPS is a district of choices, we offer all students an array of options. The Partnership is available to district students, homeschool students*
Berrien County Homeschool Group – This group was created so that families in Berrien county can meet up with local families and build relationships between both students and parents. This group is open to all grade levels.
Covenant Learning Co-op (CLC) – Christian, non-denominational homeschool educational cooperative
Michiana Homeschool Resource Center – Homeschoolers United is a non-profit group of homeschoolers seeking to be an information clearinghouse for local homeschool groups and individual homeschoolers, and to provide a place for meetings and enrichment opportunities. We want to bring the local homeschool community closer, sharing activities and resources.
Niles Homeschool Partnership – Niles Virtual School welcomes all learners currently enrolled in Niles Community Schools or families from Niles or other districts interested in seeking a virtual option. We offer full time schedules, additional electives for current Niles learners, or part time schedules of non-essential classes.