LTPL offers exam proctoring services for free. Staff are available to proctor exams and tests during the library’s open hours. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Adult Services department at (269) 425-9575 ext. 117 for more information.
To schedule your exam, complete a proctor request form below, or submit a paper form at the library.
Exam Proctoring Guidelines
Proctoring will be provided to patrons at the discretion of Library staff and is limited by the availability of Public Services staff and the requirements of the school.
- Proctoring is done by the Public Services staff when they have availability.
- Requests for proctoring are to be received by Public Services staff seven (7) working days prior to the requested session.
- The maximum length of time for a proctoring session is three (3) hours; longer periods of time may be arranged with the staff member on a case-by-case basis.
- Patrons must present a valid picture I.D. at the time of the exam.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own computers to avoid problems with potentially interrupted sessions. If patrons do not have a laptop, they may use one of the public computers available at the library (privacy cannot be guaranteed) or LTPL laptop. No downloads are permitted on Library computers.
- The library cannot guarantee that students will be observed at all times during exams.
- Patrons are responsible for all fees associated with mailing or faxing materials. The library is not responsible for US mail service delays and does not provide receipt of mail.
- The library is not responsible for retaining copies of past tests after the date requested by the examining institution.
- The test proctor reserves the right to terminate an exam if any rule is being violated.
- Confirm with the school that the library guidelines fulfill school proctoring requirements.
- Complete, sign and return the proctor request form. Return in person or via email to: email@example.com
- Confirm that the library has received the exam.
- Schedule your exam with a librarian at least 48 hours in advance.
- Contact the library to cancel the scheduled test time. Tests missed without notice will not be rescheduled.
- Come prepared with an appropriate I.D.
- Provide address and stamped envelopes for exams that need to be returned by mail.
- Relinquish personal laptops, cell phones, and all other materials not allowed during testing. A space will be provided to safely store these items.