Register To Vote
Three ways to register to vote:
Submitting your application online:
To submit your application online, visit the online voter registration section of this website
Submitting your application in person:
To register to vote in person at the clerk’s office or a Secretary of State Branch Office, be sure to bring proof of residency.
Benton Harbor Secretary of State Office – 1960 Mall Dr, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Niles Secretary of State Office – 110 E Main St, Niles, MI 49120
Submitting your application via mail:
If you have never registered to vote in Michigan and choose to mail in your application, you will need to verify your identity by including the following:
- Your Michigan driver’s license or state ID number where requested on the form. OR
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security number where requested on the form. OR
- Send a copy (not an original document) of ONE of the following forms of identification with your application:
- A photocopy of your Michigan driver’s license or state ID, or
- A photocopy of a paycheck stub, utility bill, bank document or government document that lists both your name and your address.
- A nonpartisan, statewide effort to register new voters and help Hoosiers understand the issues and know the candidates on the ballot.
- Find information about candidates and issues.
- Election information you need, brought to you by the League of Women Voters.
- See your sample ballot and compare candidate answers to policy questions.
- Monitors the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews and news releases
- Run by independent editors and journalists, focused on looking at specific statements made by politicians and rating them for accuracy.