Officially Organized in 1835
Royalton Township was officially organized in 1835. The first log school house was erected in approximately 1840. Three years later a post office was established to Royalton’s 280 residents. Over the next 150 years, the Township experienced a gradual growth but remained predominately agricultural. The rich soil in the Township made it ideal for the growing of grapes.
In recent years, Royalton Township has become known as a prime residential area. Industry and commercial development has also found the Township to be an advantageous location. More recently, Lakeland Regional Health Center selected Royalton Township as the site for a major expansion of its medical facility. This diversity of activity within the Township marks its attractiveness as a place in which to live and to work.