Do you think the library is boring? Do you wish there were more fun things to do after school? TAG is for you!
Teen Advisory Group or TAG is a monthly party for teens in grades 7-12 to come together to brainstorm and share ideas for exciting teen events, encourage purchase decisions for the library and make their voices heard in a fun, relaxed environment. As a member, you get to:
- Be an Influencer – Use your skills to create content for our social media platforms. You can create a video for BookTok or provide ideas for posting on the library’s website, Instagram or Facebook.
- Adopt a Shelf – Create fun displays with book suggestions or other library related themes of interest. You will have full creative control with a wide variety of supplies to make your vision shine.
- Help the collection grow – Give our librarians suggestions on which items to buy for our teen collection. Some of our most popular items from fantasy to manga are available at the library because our TAG members from past years have suggested them.
- Host fun events – Help decide what teen activities are offered. Make sure your voice is heard and help plan and implement your ideas.
- Earn volunteer hours – Get your required volunteer hours for graduation by attending meetings and programs while having fun.
- Build lifelong friendships – Get all those usernames, handles and snaps here!
TAG meets every 3rd Friday of the month from 3:30 – 4:30 pm from September to May. No registeration is required, just drop in!